SVP Partners come from many different professional and community backgrounds. Partners:
- Learn about our community’s specific needs and which organizations address them
- Use their expertise and resources to benefit the St. Louis community in an effective and targeted way
- Leverage their financial contributions with others’ to maximize impact
- Connect with others in the St. Louis community and across the globe through the SVPI network
- Develop and enhance their personal philanthropic philosophy
To join SVP, each Partner commits to a minimum annual contribution of $5,000 and is open to contributing his/her time to either the SVP program or nonprofit relationships.
To inquire about becoming a Partner, please call the St. Louis SVP Coordinator at 314.225.2104 or email Burgandy Fitzhenry.
Partner Engagement – How to Get Involved
Partners can scale their level of involvement from money-only to time-based projects to ongoing commitments. There are five key areas of Partner engagement:
- Grant Committee – participating in selecting the nonprofits to receive funding
- Volunteer Teams – working directly with the nonprofit on a specific project or becoming the SVP liaison for that organization
- Partner Education – events which spotlight involvement with Investees or feature speakers discussing pertinent issues for philanthropists.
- Investee Education – conducting Investee education workshops on issues facing most nonprofits (grant writing, marketing, board development, etc.)
- Full Partner Meetings – coming together twice a year for business purposes
- Partner social events – receptions for connecting with leaders in St. Louis’s philanthropic community
- Social Venture Partners International – a global network of 40 affiliate cities and over 3,200 philanthropic leaders. SVPI hosts an annual conference about cutting edge philanthropic topics.